Saturday, November 21, 2009

Musical Cooking

I just made a curry to "i" by The Magnetic Fields. I'll be honest, I don't really know how to cook curry. Here's what I did:

- I heated oil up in a pan, adding mustard seeds when the oil was hot.

- When the mustard seeds started to pop, I added cumin, turmeric, paprika, chopped garlic, a chopped green chilli, and chopped coriander (I judged this by eye).

- When the onions started to lose their colour, I added three chopped tomatoes, cinamon bark, cloves, cardamon pods, baby spinach leaves, diced tofu and some curry leaves.

- It's now covered and simmering.

There are some tracks I love on "i", like "I Don't Believe You" and "I Wish I Had An Evil Twin", but it doesn't keep my attention all the way through. Despite this, I still enjoy it a lot more than "Distortion", which I really can't get into. Nothing beats "Holiday" as far as I'm concerned, or "The Charm Of The Highway Strip". They're playing here on the 8th of February next year, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment